Friday, September 9, 2011

Five on Friday

It was a short week, but I'm always glad to see Friday come around :).

1. Farmers' Market - Every Thursday there is a small farmers' market outside my work. It is literally right across the street from our front door. It's an extension of the Pike Place Market with local growers setup during the day. I love to get the $5 - $10 bouquets they have every week. Right now the dahlias are in season and the bouquets are beautiful. Yesterday I ended up with 2 bouquets - a $5 I bought and a HUGE one that my husband bought for me :). I kept the one I got at work and took the big one home. It was so large I had to split it up into 2 vases. They are now sitting in my bathroom and make me smile everytime I go in there.

2. Spoiling my cats - My cats are my fur babies, as much as I dislike describing them that way. I love them so much and am so glad they are in my life. We went shopping yesterday to get all the supplies we needed now that we've moved. They got new collars (after they took off the cheap ones we got a couple weeks ago), a fountain water dish (they like running water) and a food dish with a timer (because they need to lose weight). I get so much joy in seeing them play around in their new area and just want to make them as comfortable as possible.

3. Train rides with friends - Now that we have moved I have a longer commute to and from work. We are closer to our best friends though, and they work in the buildings next to mine, so it works out well. I've gotten a chance to ride the morning train in with my friend twice this week and it's so good to talk and catch up.

4. Warm weather - I have used sunshine and blue skies already, so I thought I would put warm weather this time to encompass these beautiful summer days. I love sunny, warm weather and they are definitely here right now.

5. New stuff - Now that we've moved we have a little bit of extra funds. It still goes quickly, but it's been nice to be able to get some not so necessary things.

Well, it's been a busy, whirlwind type of week for me. Even though it was a long weekend and short week, it was chocked full of a lot of things to do. Here's to the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. glad to hear things are well... and I totally spoil my cats constantly. I can't tell you how many little furry mice we have in our house.. every time I open the closet there are at least 1 or 2 there.

    ReplyDelete