Friday, September 30, 2011

The reality - I'm tired and a little cranky today . . .

I am so frustrated and tired right now. I haven't had a chance to write a real blog in awhile because of my super busy schedule. Today I just have to do it though - it's just too much right now.

This is going to be a serious one, so read at your own risk.

My husband is in the hospital for the 10th time in as many months. I could go on a complete tirade about the health care system and how inconceivable (inconthevable! tee hee) it is, but I won't.

I am going on 3 hours of sleep and I think stress is what is pushing me along right now. I had an idea of a long blog I wanted to write, but I'm running out of steam, so I'll try to keep it coherent, at least, at this point.

I read this blog after seeing the suggestion on it's so FUZZY and it occured to me . . . my life has sorta forced me to live this way already. I totally see where the author is going with this, but my first reaction was that there are some people out there that will take it too far. Maybe it's because I'm around someone who does just that and I've had to separate myself from this person lately, but I feel there needs to be a distinction between being real and complaining about your life.

Don't get me wrong - I am in complete agreement with taking away perfection and being real with everyone, I just think it needs to be clear where real ends and complaining begins. It's one thing to let someone know how difficult a time you are having dealing with a hurtful spouse, it is quite another to complain about how your spouse is not doing what you think they should. Or, it's one thing to be honest about your insecurities, it is another thing to point out all the "flaws" you have in hopes that people will tell you there's nothing wrong. Talking about your problems to someone who cares is not the same as talking about everything wrong in your life to the person who will listen. See what I'm talking about?

Having someone who is chronically ill and there is nothing I can do really makes me rethink what is worth my time and what is not. It also has made me get to the point a lot faster because I don't have time to be discreet. I don't want to spend time trying to figure out what will offend someone and what doesn't - BUT that doesn't mean I don't care about other people and are not mindful of how I affect those around me. I care deeply for those in my life and appreciate the time I get to spend with them. If anything, my life right now makes me really take notice of what is going on in the lives of my friends and family and truly care about how they are doing.

People just want to know they are not alone . . . that's what it comes down to. For me it takes talking to those I know about what is really going on in my life and hearing what is going on in theirs. Maybe that's why Facebook works so well for me. I get to know what is going on in all my friends lives everyday and can tell them what is going on in mine. It lets me spend time with friends even when I'm busy dealing with horrible doctors and uncomfortable chairs.
I want to expand on this topic more, but didn't want to let it get too far away from when the original blog was posted.

It's amazing how quickly things can change in our lives and how quickly we see everything differently.

Be real and be caring . . . we're not perfect, but if we are true and honest it won't matter.

Thanks again for your time. Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment