Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I AM the crazy cat lady

I am a crazy cat lady lol - seriously, just ask it's so FUZZY! blogger . . . she was around when I had 6 (yes 6) Siamese kitties, all from one family. Here's my blog regarding this for Cheesy Bloggers because my animals are my babies - as irritating as they can be, I love them so much.

I recently found the blog Cat versus Human and it justified everything that is me regarding animals. I have been an avid cat lover since I was born, truly. My love of cats was specified by the fact that we had a blue
-point Siamese for our family pet since before I was born. She was the first family member I ever lost and her personality and love stays with me to this day.
We have always had cats in my house and I only went for about a year without any animals in my domicile. Howe
ver, during that time I did work at a veterinary hospital, so I was in contact with animals still.
Funny thing . . . I found out right after my time working at the veterinary hospital that I am allergic to both cat
s and dogs, but I continue to have animals in my life (and just take meds to live with them).
Right now I have 3 wonderful Siamese cats that rule my life. But that's not all. We also have 2 guinea pigs. If you have never seen guinea pigs and cats together you should - it's a fun time :). We let our guinea pigs roam around free sometimes, but they mostly stay in their cages.
Here's the rundown of the pets in our household right now:
Vader (Darth) - black male guinea pig

Fett (Boba) - tan & white male guinea pig
Ayanami Rei (Mama) - lynx point female Siamese
Cortex (Dad) - seal point male Siamese
Inara (Daughter) - lynx point female Siamese.
We have a busy house, just as I have a busy life. I wouldn't have it any other way though - much to my husband's dismay sometimes.
But that's not all. Well, that's all there is right now, but in the past we have also had frogs, anoles, and bearded dragons. In the future, when we have a house of our own instead of living in apartments and with other people, we want a dog (Pembroke Welsh Corgi to be specific) and a Russian tortoise. Our house will be a menagerie where people can come to be surrounded by animals - or so I joke now. I think we will always be outnumbered animals to humans, but not having any just isn't as interesting or fun of a life.
I hope this give some insight to why I am a complete and total cat lady. Cheesy Bloggers really doesn't know what they have gotten themselves into asking about my pets lol :). I'll let you know if our menagerie ever truly gets going.

1 comment:

  1. I'm also allergic to cats and dogs but I honestly can't imagine my life without them. When we have time (and space) for dogs I want a scotty dog and a great dane.. Mike wants a doberman and Adrian wants an boston terrier.
    My household and yours are going to be just the same.... overrun with animals but we wouldn't have it any other way.

    ReplyDelete