Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Whirlwind indeed . . .

So, I should update my blog since the lovely and social J put me on her latest blog for people to come check me out. I'm super honored to have this opportunity, but unfortunately it come right when I'm on a mini hiatus from blogging due to my busy performance schedule with the Music Man.

For those of you who are just joining me - I implore you to please stick it out for just about a week and I will get back to more frequent blogs and my regular scheduled "Five on Fridays" posts. I have a lot of things brewing in my mind and in my life. If I could, I would write 2 - 3 blogs a day, but I think that would be a little too much information - I do need to sensor myself sometimes :).

Anyway, a little about me, for those who are new to this blog:

Music is my passion - I have my Bachelor's of Music Arts and have been singing for many years. I currently am in a production of the Music Man and have a callback for the Color Purple, the musical later this month. I hope to get back to voice lessons and continue to grow in my performances. Music is what I do and who I am. I went away from it for a few years and my life suffered for it. I hope to have more posts about growing in my art and getting back to the Diva I once was and hope to be.

My husband has an incurable, debilitating disease: Diabetic Gastroparesis. I don't get too in depth with what he goes through, but I find that it helps me get through things to write about some of what goes on because of it. My husband is a private person, so I try not to divulge too much, but it's a daily part of my life and part of all of my decisions and thoughts, so it sometimes gets onto blog posts.

I work as an administrative assistant/project coordinator - I have a M-F, 9am-5pm job that provides the funds for the above 2 things. It's not glamorous, but it does get me a lot of the things I need in my life. I have good coworkers, but also the usual office politics as well.

I am a gamer/raver girl who reverts back to her early twenties every once in awhile - I have responsibilities and people counting on me, so I've had to limit my gamer/raver tendencies in my life. Check out the first installment about my gamer background to see where it all started. I will do part 2 and 3 soon, I promise.

I am a crazy cat lady lol - seriously, just ask J . . . she was around when I had 6 (yes 6) siamese kitties, all from one family. I'm hoping to write a blog regarding this for Cheesy Bloggers because my animals are my babies - as irritating as they can be, I love them so much.

Overall I am a busy, busy, woman who tries to find the good things in life that keep me going. I am easily amused and hope that I am not the only one who finds the things I do interesting.

I hope you continue to read my blog and, like I said, stay with me until after this weekend where I will get back to a more normal schedule. Feel free to look through my past posts and comment - I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for visiting! I truly appreciate it!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're doing stuff you love (music) even if it keeps you from blogging but I'm also looking forward to more blogs.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize that I needed to do the blogger award thing too, so I'll have to get that blog up soon :).

    ReplyDelete