Friday, August 12, 2011

Five on Friday

Since I have so much going on right now and I've been pretty stressed I thought I would start a weekly blog theme to help me out a little. Five on Friday is to appreciate five things in my life and let me know what I'm working so hard for . . . or just some things that make me smile :). If you stick with me and this blog you'll find that I'm easily amused and simple things make me happy, but I tend to forget the simple things when getting wrapped up in my life.

Here are the 5 on Friday for this week:

1. My cats (I will post pics and erase this when I update). I love my fur babies so much and am completely glad they are in my life. My house is so much more alive and interesting with them.

2. Orange Ginger lotion - I have it at my desk and the smell makes me smile. It reminds me of different things and people :).

3. Sweet Iced Tea - made with Splenda. I drink Splenda Iced Tea like it was water, but iced tea will always make me think of summer and my mother stirring it in a glass pitcher with a wooden spoon.

4. J :) for getting me back into blogging like we used to do on myspace. If you can't tell, I'm totally addicted to it again :).

5. Dahlias - we have a farmer's market every week outside the front door of my office building. I see so many people buy the $7 - $10 bouquets of fresh flowers. Dahlias are in season and I love the way they look. They just make me smile.

There you go. Since Friday is my favorite day of the week it's only fitting to celebrate it with happiness :).

(Pictures to follow - I have to leave atm to go to rehearsal)



2 comments:

  1. thanks girlie.... I like doing a weekly segment.. it's kind of fun. Even if today I'm not so inspired due to my crappy migraine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I have a chocolate lotion on my desk and I love it! Everybody always says it smells good in my office.

    ReplyDelete