Friday, August 26, 2011

Still busy, but that shouldn't be a surprise

To me at least. I seem to always talk about being busy and all that I have to do, but it's sort of like it's a surprise most of the time. I really just need to give in to the fact that I am really busy most of the time . . . but that's what makes my downtime so enjoyable.

At different points during this year I have ached for a vacation. There is absolute blue sky out my window at work right now and it just makes me want to get out and be in the beautiful weather while it lasts. Here in Seattle a beautiful, warm, clear day doesn't happen often, so I always feel like I should take advantage of it now while it's around. The pull for vacation doesn't just come from that though.

For me it's a pull to get away from it all. To pick up and leave everything behind. It sounds so inviting and wonderful. I'm so scatter-brained right now that just "rebooting" and starting things anew sounds just amazing. I think part of my scatter-brained aspect is because I want to just dull my brain and avoid all that is going on.

It's not to say I'm unhappy or anything. When anyone talks with me I genuinely smile and am interested in talking about things . . . I just want some time for me in there somehwere I think.

I have spent this entire week thinking about different topics for blogs to write about, but I just haven't had a chance to sit down and devote enough time to writing them. I need to get back to my gamer girl explanation too. We are in the process of moving and house sitting right now, so I spend a lot of my evenings driving. I'm hoping once we get settled I'll be able to concentrate more on my creative hobbies - many of which have sat on the back burner for a few years, including blogging. While the move is not the greatest (and will hopefully be a blog all in itself) I think it will lead to a lot of good things. We had good intentions and I am hoping we can fulfill at least some of our goals through this move.

Anyway, just thought I would write something while I am distracting myself on this beautiful Friday. I'll do Five on Friday soon.

Thanks for reading :)!


No comments:

Post a Comment